Sunday 12 October 2014

Peppermint

Yesterday I was working in one of my gardens. I was pulling up a few weeds here and there. A man approached me wanting leaves from someone else's plot. I explained that they did not belong to me. He had a think accent and brown skin. I assumed he was Indian. 

I gave him some peppermint which made him happy. He was very pleased to explain that various dishes can be cooked with this herb. Peppermint tea is a little bit more common. I have had peppermint with some vegetable soy protein in the past. 

Aleister Crowley associated peppermint with the path of Aleph and it is an air herb. This makes it good for divination or visualization. There is a very strong scent given off by peppermint. This is why it has the air association. 

Peppermint tea is very good to drink if you feel nauseous. It can ease the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. It is a digestive and a cup of tea is a great way to finish a heavy meal. Bronchitis and pneumonia can be eased as well by this tea and breathing in a steam with the herb in it. When you have a headache you might try making a peppermint poultice. 

Insects don't like the smell of peppermint. You can get rid of ants by spraying the essential oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment