Sunday 18 May 2014

Seedlings In The Greenhouse

I have started many seeds in the greenhouse. I have a community garden plot which I have been maintaining for the past 2 years. Last year I experienced some changes in my life. I was not organized when gardening season got started. I had to hold off on starting seeds in the greenhouse in the spring. This year I got an earlier start. My plot is much smaller. Last summer was disruptive. I had problems keeping up with the work. This year the plot is much smaller. Maintaining it will be easier, but there will not be as much space for growing. 

Fridays are when we have a gardening drop in. This is the day I generally garden on. It fits into my schedule as I work early in the days. Many seedlings have already been started. Not everything was planted. These seeds will be saved for the future. Enough seedlings to completely fill my garden plot are sprouting up.

Last week I overturned the soil. There was a very large sage plant which I dug up and brought home. I have it in a large bowl sitting in some water. It takes up a lot of room, but I like the way it looks. It is gradually coming back to life. Many green shoots are appearing. There were only a couple of green shoots when I brought it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment